Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why am I *still* blogging?

The past two years have been very eventful. I joined the “real world” – got a job – in advertising. I learnt a lot and met some amazing people. Soon, I was caught by the Web 2.0 fever – I devoured blogs, news sites and whitepapers – learning as much as I could. All it led to was a cerebral hodge podge of buzzwords and clichéd marketing metaphors. During this knowledge delirium – I decided to start this blog. When I read some of the old entries – I can, literally, see the lost kid trying to grapple with the information overload. I still am that lost kid. But I now realize that a blog without purpose is a headless chicken. So I have set out to define what this blog is supposed to be.

Everyday, I gather a lot of information – from the people around me, TV, blogs, RSS feeds, tweets , facebook links and so on. I want my blog to reflect how I make sense of this. From what little I have learnt about this industry – I have realized one thing - you cannot look at advertising and communication in isolation. You need to be aware of the world outside advertising – the world of economics, business, technology and most importantly culture. And advertising is – after all - the point of convergence of all the above. And I want to talk about all of them. I want to turn this blog from yet-another-blog-about-social-media to something more.

No comments:

ShareThis